Make a photo worthy cheese plate every time! Follow this cheese plate advice and post your picture perfect cheese plate!
Use the hashtag: #cheeseplateenvy to see everyone's results!
1. Consistency isn't key! We like to have 3-4 different types of cheeses with varying age and hardness levels! Be sure to mix up consistencies - use fresh goats cheese or even put out some cream cheese next to a harder cheese like a parmesan!
2. Cheese and Fruit are the PEARfect match! We always add some sort of fruit to our cheese plate, it's a nice way to add some acidity and sweetness. Pears, apples, and grapes all work really well!
3. The Vessel is Important! Make sure you have at least two types of bead, crackers, or breadsticks to use on your different cheeses, some cheese work best on bread while others may show best on a cracker!
4. Don't Cut the Cheese! We learned from a VICP (Very Important Cheese Person) once that you should NEVER pre-cut cheese for your guests, it's ok to cut a couple slices, but never fully cut the cheese block, people tend to want to cut their own.
5. To Meat or Not to Meat? This one we'll leave up to you...BUT we love adding an array of charcuterie to our cheese boards, just don't go overboard..the cheese should really be the star!